“If we can conquer space, we can conquer childhood hunger.” ~ Buzz Aldrin
As we climb out of the many restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue our much-needed donations to volunteer food banks and pantries.
- Tuscarora Wayne Insurance Company generously contributed $250,000.
- Through raffles, fundraisers, and payroll deductions the employees of Tuscarora Wayne contributed $85,085 through December 31.
- Donations made from the Foundation totaled $84,014, with $54,700 of those dollars directed to volunteer food banks.
- Donations of special interest include a memorial contribution to Philabundance in memory of fellow board member Scott Burgess, and to the Autism Society of America in conjunction with Keystone Autism Fund. Keystone Autism Fund was created by Keystone Insurers Group, Inc.
- We continue our agency program that allows a selected agent to award $1,000 to a volunteer food bank or pantry in their community. In 2021 twenty-four agencies participated.
- Chairman Jay Chadwick launched the “66 Club.” 66 representing the combined years of TW service between Jay Chadwick and Jim Chadwick. Jim Chadwick held the TW reins from 1955 until 1993 when he retired from his position as the president of TW. Jay and wife, Barbara, made a personal donation of $66,000 to the Foundation, and sponsored a “66” celebration one evening at the Wyalusing Hotel which was attended by many colleagues, family, and friends.
As we roll into the new year, we look forward to having some fun with the Foundation! Beginning January through December 2022, colleagues can win an opportunity to select a volunteer food bank of their choice to receive a donation – you must play to win!
We will continue to sponsor raffles, proceeds to benefit the Foundation.
Additionally, we hope to organize a “Beat Hunger One Step at a Time” walk on Sunday, October 16, 2022, World Hunger Day.
Finally, a big thanks to our colleagues who support the Foundation, and special thanks to our secretary/treasurer, Stephanie Keiser.