As rising inflation and supply chain disruptions continued through 2022, our volunteer food banks supported additional families with food and meal programs. And the Foundation supported our volunteer food banks. Through mid-December the Foundation donations totaled $81,000 to 501 (c ) (3) charities, with $53,500 donated to volunteer food banks.
Our highlights include:
- Tuscarora Wayne Insurance Company (TWIC) generously donated $25,000.
- TWIC and the Foundation purchased a hog at the Wyoming County 4-H auction, donating the meat to the Helping Hands Food Bank, Wyalusing, PA.
- Employees and directors enjoyed an evening event following the company-wide employee communications meeting on September 29, at the Grovedale Winery, Wyalusing, PA. The Foundation auction that night raised $1,225.
- Employees supported the World Food Day with a walk down hunger one step at a time held October 14. Friends, directors, and employees raised $3,788. Following the hunger walk (walk route from the TWIC office to the Wyalusing Hotel), the participants enjoyed refreshments compliments of the 66 Club.
- The Foundation and The Bradford County Children’s House co-hosted a comedy dinner at the Villa Sena, Towanda, PA, on November 17. The event raised $1,000 for the Children’s House with the Foundation matching that amount.
- TWIC and the Mutual Capital Services employees donated $6,181 to the Bradford County United Way Campaign. The Foundation matched 50% of employee donations, bringing the total to $9,272.
- We continue our agency program that allows a selected agency to award $1,000 to a volunteer food bank or pantry in their community.
- New this year is a monthly contest which allows colleagues to win an opportunity to select a volunteer food bank of their choice to receive a $1,000 donation.
It is with sincerity that we thank you for your continued support of the Foundation. Best wishes to you and yours during this holiday season and throughout the New Year.